Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Tuesday 9 May 2023

Herefordshire 2023 - Visit 3: Part 1 - Hedgehog Video etcera

 


Last week to take advantage of the dry weather forecast we returned to Herefordshire for a few days on the Monday.

We put out some food for the hedgehog and the trailcam got lots of footage. I hope the video below works ok.



Edit - just spotted date on hedgehog video ignore! - the batteries had gone flat and were replaced and B forgot to reset date and time. Footage was from last week :)  If you enlarge to full screen you will get better view of hedgehog :)

Sadly there were no signs of bats even though I sat outside for half an hour a couple of evenings half an hour after dusk.

Swallows returned on the 3rd May always a lovely sight.

Timothy on the journey




I am rather pleased with this print of a medieval map drawing that D bought in Ludlow.




We always have a jigsaw on the go and this time D completed an owl he was given for Christmas.




The Herefordshire Oak - now definitely coming into leaf.





The ivy clad tree, which I've christened the Octopus tree (well to me it vaguely resembles one!). I can also see a Witch's hat and face right at the top of the tree!  Not sure of the species - I will walk over and check when it comes into leaf.





We had planned to stay 4 nights again but as E had an important interview on Friday we decided to come home on Thursday afternoon. I did manage to visit a new church and we went to Bodenham Lakes NR one day so I'll write a few more posts over the next week.

I hope everyone is staying safe and well.

All photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera (I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one I would be grateful for an email first - thanks).


13 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Really love the numerous oak tree images - impossible of course but one a day over a year would be a lovely memento. I hope Timothy behaved himself.

Ragged Robin said...

The Wessex River - Thanks so much. I do wish I could take one a day over a year - a lovely idea of yours. Timothy had his moments as usual! :)

Rosie said...

Great footage of your hedgehog visitor. The time on our wildlife camera is never correct either as apparently it is difficult to adjust. Like your jigsaw, I've been doing one or two online ones recently. I hope your daughter's interview went well:)

Rosie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thanks so much. Oh heck! re: time etc. Not sure if OH managed to adjust. I know we had to buy a new camera card as well as new batteries! I didn't realise you could do jigsaws online! Yes thank you - she got the job :) She is assistant manager at Fatface atm and the Manager is going on maternity leave so the interview was to take over as manager for a year or so. More money too :)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Sorry forgot to mention your comment came through twice so deleted the second which was similar - hope that is ok.

CherryPie said...

Lovely footage of the hedgehog.

For the first time in years we are doing a jigsaw. It is looking a bit complicated and it doesn't quite fit onto my jigsaw board.

Rosie said...

Thank you for deleting the second comment, when I pressed publish the first time it came up with 'Whoops, an error has occured' so I thought it was lost and wrote a second one which published okay. Not sure if my computer or blogger:)

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie - Thanks so much.
I bought my son a big jigsaw board that will take a 1000 piece jigsaw although we mainly do 500 pieces. It came with two smaller boards for a 500 piece so we have taken one of those to the caravan.

Rosie - So sorry Rosie and thanks. I guees that had happened as it has happened to me too and I meant to delete the second one then somehow I managed to publish it by mistake so I thought I had better explain.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

What a lovely blog today. Well done and congratulations to E on her success. She's worked very hard and she deserves it. Great footage of the hedgehog. Good news, The swallows have returned. And Timothy Looking Dapper, as ever. I do particularly like the owl jigsaw. Is it a 3D1? Because it certainly looks it.
Well, I'm going to hit POST. And wait with intrepidation to see who I show up as, because on my own blog I still show up as anonymous.

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - Thanks so much Debbie and for kind words on E. I got the jigsaw off Amazon. I thought it was 3 D when I bought it for D for Cmas but it actually isn't. But you can find animals in some of the pieces. It was something a bit different to do.
As you can see you are appearing here as RP :)

Millymollymandy said...

Aww, always lovely to see a hedgehog! And I can see your witch in the Octopus Tree! :-)

Ragged Robin said...

Millymollymandy - Thanks Mandy - glad you can see the witch too :)