Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Thursday 27 October 2022

Pumpkins at Stoneleigh

 

I'll return to the Herefordshire posts in a few days with a trip to Ledbury and St Michael and All Angels but first a more seasonal post.

Last year we went to the Pumpkins R Us event at Stoneleigh and really enjoyed it so D and I went again this year. It was a different venue with more to see outside which was just as well as it was half term week and heaving with people.  I did plan to go last Friday but it rained heavily in the morning. If we go next year I will be sure to avoid half term week!!!!!





































I didn't buy as many pumpkins as last year. Just one large one for D to carve and a Turk's Turban to make soup. I already have a small pumpkin at home to make the Wizard's Hat Pasties.







As it was so busy and we were the only ones wearing masks! we didn't go in the marquees except for the last one which you had to enter to pay.  There were a lot of Halloween items on sale.
















We didn't stop that long and so popped into the Farm Shop next door which was much quieter to buy a few early Christmas presents (if I dare mention the C word this early!).




The two pumpkins we bought.  You do have a pay a small entry fee to attend but to be fair the pumpkin prices are very reasonable.



In our absence B had used more of the Herefordshire apples to make an apple pie.  




I hope everyone is staying safe and well.

All photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera (I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one or more I would be grateful for an email first - thanks).


6 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Oh, I love it all.! You had me at pumpkin. I think I would go crazy in a place like this. You know how much I love pumpkins and all things autumn. I'm wondering why Timothy wasn't there.? I have to say, the one thing I did find a little bit unnerving is that life-size jack-in-the-box. Not my thing at all. I'm surprised they had it because a lot of people don't like clowns, do they? Although I suppose in the spirit of Hallowe'en, you expect to be frightened and scared. LOL. The apple pie looks really delicious. Can't wait to see what you make with your pumpkins.

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - Thanks so much. I thought of you and your love of pumpkins when we were there. Yes it would have been easy to spend a fortune but I resisted as already have so much Hallowe'en stuff.

We din't actually go in that marquee too busy so I took the jack in the box from the entrance. I hate those clowns with white faces I really do. Have you read any of Ray Bradbury books? I always think of them at Hallowe'en.

Rosie said...

It all looks delightful. I like the pumpkin displays but I love that fox. Your turks head pumpkin is lovely, very decorative and usable too. Apple pie looks very tasty:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thanks so much. Yes the fox is cute. They go to a lot of trouble to do displays even though I didn't go in the one marquee. We have a good recipe for Turk's Turban soup. Last year we went mad and made pumpkin pie and all sorts of things.

CherryPie said...

It looks like a fun place to visit.

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie- Thank you.