Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Tuesday 11 October 2022

October Visit to Herefordshire - Part 2 Around the Site

 

Timothy on his shelf - thankfully I remembered to pack his jumper!!




The Herefordshire Oak - I am sure I can now see a slight change in the colour of the leaves.

D took a lovely photo of it with a faint rainbow curving round it but I will save that until later in the year when I'll probably do a collage of photos through the year of the tree. Thanks to Rustic Pumpkin from "Country Ways and Cottage Days" for suggesting I do one this year.



No sign of Redwings or Fieldfares yet on hawthorn berries. Oh and the House Martins on the site have now left :(




The rose is still flowering and below photos of the hollyhock that B grew from seed that is now in flower.







The owners of the site keep it looking lovely and there are quite a few of these planters.




One of the caravan owners who I think has been there the longest has quite a large garden which he spends hours looking after and the dahlias are now in flower.













Moon rising on one of the evenings.




View to the front left of the caravan.



View from the rear with the oak in the distance.







Here is the static caravan.  I am so glad I had it moved here from the walled garden when we bought it and the site owners said they would relocate to this vacant plot if we wished free of charge!  We are on the final row of the site and it only has four or five caravans on that row. There are lovely views to the front and rear and there is a high hawthorn hedge on the one side and no caravans to the front or rear so it is quite secluded.





The Gatekeeper D bought us for the caravan. It is very similar to the one I have at home.



*D


D's far better photo of the moon.



*D



I hope everyone is staying safe and well.


Photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera and those marked *D by my son with the Canon SX50 HS bridge camera. (I don't particularly rate most of my photos but if anyone wants to use one of mine or my son's I would be really grateful for an email first - thanks).




11 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Still a little too early for winter thrushes, but can't wait for them to arrive en masse. A highlight of a darker days.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Like you we love the peace and quiet of our caravan and go there as much as we can for various reasons but it gets me away from this busy area

Ragged Robin said...

The Wessex Reiver - Thanks so much Andrew. Indeed their arrival is a highlight of my autumn too. Always a joy to watch them.

Billy Blue Eyes - Thanks so much. It is SO good to have a rural retreat in my favourite county. Not ideal but what I need until we can move somewhere more rural and peaceful.

Rosie said...

You've chosen a lovely spot for your caravan. It's a good idea to do a seasonal collage of your oak tree and then compare with next year. I'm glad Timothy has his jumper to keep him warm. The dahlias are so cheerful and both moon photos are wonderful:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thank so much. Brian the gardener really does fill his little garden with colour. Timothy will need his scarf soon too :)

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Lovely to see Timothy looking so colourful, ready for the cooler days to come. You've certainly got some very pretty and healthy looking flowers around your caravan. I do like your gatekeeper. The photograph of the moon is quite spectacular, so much detail. Have you notice that there aren't as many berries on the Hawthorns this year? At least it's like that around here. It's making me worried for the birds.

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - thanks so much. Timothy pleased he now has 4 jumpers to choose from :) We first saw a Gatekeeper outside a cottge in Dorset and loved it so when I saw one at the National Herb Centre I had to buy one for home now we have one in Herefordshire too. Seem plenty of berries in Herefordshire but not really been round the lanes back at home to see what they are like here.

The Quacks of Life said...

a bear needs his jumper :)

Ragged Robin said...

The Quacks of Life - Thanks and yes he does :)

CherryPie said...

Your caravan looks to be in the perfect spot, surrounded by nature.

Timothy is looking colourful in his jumper.

Ragged Robin said...

Cherry Pie - Thank you.