Last weekend we made a brief visit to Herefordshire just for 3 nights. The journey there was a bit of a nightmare as the M42 by Redditch was closed between two junctions due to an accident so we had to make a huge detour to travel across country! The journey ended up taking 3 hours rather than the usual 90 minutes!
There is not much change in the Herefordshire Trees although I think the leaves on the Octopus Tree may be starting to change colour very slightly?
Herefordshire Oak
Octopus Tree
Constable Tree(s)
The pink geranium is still flowering really well. I must remember to bring it home with us when we winterise the caravan.
There are about ten tomatoes on D's tomato plant.
D and I are beginning to think the chilli plant was mislabelled and it is actually a green pepper plant!
Teasel in the garden. Despite B's efforts to eradicate them they managed to self seed. I am quite pleased as when they are in flower they attract pollinators and the seedheads are good for goldfinches in the winter.
The Hawthorn hedge is full of berries.
Apart from going to Tesco Tenbury Wells on the Saturday to do a food shop yet again we didn't go anywhere. I am still hoping D will come with us on one of our visits. E did plan to come with us last weekend but in the end she stayed at home as her friend who now lives in Blackpool was returning for the weekend and she wanted to see her.
There is not much other news. I am still not sleeping very well and continue to try and fend off cellulitis. It really is becoming rather wearing!
All photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera. (I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one of mine or my son's I would appreciate an email first - thanks).

6 comments:
So sorry that the Cellulitis is still a problem. I hope the Drs get to grips with it soon.
I expect you did lots of reading when you were down in Herefordshire. Nice and restful, apart from that long journey to get there.
Thanks so much BB. tbh last time I saw GP about cellulitis she seemed quite dismissive about it!
Yes I did lots of reading especially of a very good Logaston Press book on the Heraldic Roll of Ludlow.
Looks like the blog roll might be up and running again. I thought you lived on the M5 side of Redditch, the M42 is a horrible try road but does not seem any different to what happens on the A34 near us with accidents. I’ve seen all the local roads gridlocked round here before now. Hope your cellulitis gets better, it sounds nasty
Thanks so much Billy. We live near Coleshill, North Warwickshire which means going to Herefordshire on the M6, M42 then M5 where we usually get off the motorway at Worcester. The A34 sounds a nightmare. We went that way when we went to Isle of Wight and thankfully there were no problems. Thanks too for good wishes re cellulitis.
Glad you were able to get away for a few days although it was unfortunate about the accident and the detour. Your pink geranium is lovely, is it a scented one? We have a rose scented one that looks similar, it lives in the conservatory. So sorry about the cellulitis, I do hope that it is clearing now and that doctors will find a way to stop it keep returning. We have just got home from a few days in Wales, the weather was better than expected:)
Thanks so much Rosie. Sadly the geranium is not scented. I did once have a pink scented one but eventually lost it. Cellulitis seems a little better now - thank you. I really don't want to have to take antibiotics unless I have to. So pleased you have had a few days away and the weather was better than you thought. Hope you do a blog post with some photos from your trip.
Post a Comment