Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Recent Reading

 


 I enjoyed the next book in Anne O Brien's series. "The Queen's Choice" tells the story of Joanna of Navarre who marries Henry IV of England.




I really enjoyed the next DCI Banks book - in fact I could not put it down. Tracy who is Banks' daughter runs away into hiding (at DCI Banks Cottage as he is away in America) with her friend's boyfriend who turns out to be an an exceedingly "bad boy"!  



I enjoyed the last book so much that I read the next in the series - perhaps not so nailbiting but still a good read.




I enjoyed this book more than the previous stories in the series although I seem to remember there were a lot of characters and a lot of sub plots and I did get confused at times.





The last book I read was the second North Norfolk Murder Mystery.  I enjoyed it but like the first book in the series I did find there was at times too much violence.






I still have loads of non fiction to read on my old Kindle Fire but I am slowly running out of fiction so at some stage I will have to start using the new Kindle Fire.  If I am honest I am not overkeen on it as it takes for ever and a day just to find the books! I am beginning to wish I had just bought a kindle. I naively assumed the new Kindle Fire would be the same as the old one but it isn't!

In other news I currently have yet another bad attack of cellulitis which is really getting me down as, despite taking antibiotics, it just doesn't seem to want to go away. I am getting somewhat fed up with just sitting round the house every day.  I am hoping at some stage soon we can return to Herefordshire for a few days.



I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one of mine or my son's I would be grateful for an email first - thanks.

No comments: