Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Friday 5 November 2021

Garden and Halloween



Just back from a few days in Herefordshire with my son and I'll do a few posts next week when I've sorted out the photos!  

Above a photo of the acer in the garden looking beautiful in the sunlight.

Grey Squirrrel in the garden.







I've never let D and E go trick and treating as to be honest I don't agree with it as I don't think its fair on the elderly especially those that live alone but we've always had fun celebrating at home.

The Halloween buffet with a few home made treats and D bought a bag of M and S Halloween goodies online. The plates and serviettes were left over from last year (bought from Morrisons I think)






Above photos taken by D with the Canon SX50HS bridge camera. Rest of photos below taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera.

Chocolate Spider's Web cupcakes. I showed D how to make the cobweb decoration or feathering and he did well :)




Much as I like the idea of making things if I am honest I am not very creative so to make it easier to make an autumn wreath I sent off for a kit from Hobbycraft.  We were quite pleased with the results - D helped with the glueing as he is more patient than me!!




I hope everyone is staying safe and well.





 

6 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Your Hallowe'en table looks delicious, and I agree, not everyone wants to be disturbed, and some just get frightened. As for the cupcakes, so professional looking. Love the pumpkin plate, and your wreath, too, which is pretty for Autumn.

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - Thanks so much. For second or third year running we had no trick or treaters again. Glad you like the wreath. I found the pumpkin plate in a cupboard - bought some years ago but first time I have used!

Rosie said...

Your Acer tree is wonderful. The Squirrels are busy at the moment, bustling here and there and burying anything they can. Love the carved pumpkin and your Autumnal wreath. The buffet looks delicious. Have a lovely weekend:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thanks so much. The poor Acer languished for years in a pot then OH finally planted it behind the rockery and it has flourished ever since. This has been its best year yet! Have a great weekend too and take care :)

CherryPie said...

I am not a fan of Halloween and Trick or Treating. I much prefer the celebration of Harvest or Bonfire Night.

Your tasty cake delights make my moutht water :-)

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie - Thanks so much. The cakes were good and the pumpkin cookies.