Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Monday 31 October 2011

New Year Tick for the Garden

I was thrilled to see a female blackcap in the garden this morning - the first time I have seen the species in the garden this year.

She spent several minutes foraging around the pyracantha so perhaps there are a few berries left after all.

Garden Bird Species 2011 - 27 (excluding flyovers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Caroline. Blackcap`s a species i always want too see in the garden, during the winter months.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Dean.

I am just hoping that the bird stays around for the winter and isn't just passing through. If I get more sightings I will try and take a photo - wrong lens on camera yesterday!