Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Friday 4 October 2024

September Visit to Herefordshire - Part 3: Leominster and Monkland Cheese Dairy

 

On the Thursday we went into Leominster - below a photo of the super Roundabout Stationery Shop. A few purchases were made :)




There are a lot of antique shops in Leominster!






There is a lot of renovation work going on at the moment in Leominster Town Centre to renew and improve the High Street and Corn Square etc.



We had a look round Rossiters bookshop and I bought a few Christmas presents.  Then onto the Flower Gallery - I love the autumn wreaths hanging on the door but in the end we just bought a heather for the small garden at the caravan.








This is Corn Square  as it looks at the moment! - the post topper on the postbox made me smile!!








There is a good model shop in Leominster where we often buy jigsaws.






Telephone box topper




These knitted toys reminded me of my childhood - especially Bill and Ben!






We drove onto the village of Monkland and visited Monkland Dairy Cheese Shop - cheeses were bought :) and then we had a cup of tea and some of their delicious Herefordshire Apple Cake.  We enjoyed it that much that I bought a Monkland Cafe recipe book which has a recipe for this cake.



On the return journey I stopped off at All Saints Church, Monkland to have a look around as it is a church I haven't visited before and I'll write about that in the next post.


All photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera.  (I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one of mine or my son's I would be grateful for an email first - thanks)


No comments: