Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Wednesday 5 January 2022

A Herefordshire Tree Through the Seasons

 

As promised a selection of photos showing the Herefordshire Tree I "watch" throughout the year in various months.  January and February are missing but as the caravan site is closed then I have no choice. March is also missing as the site was not allowed to re-open until July in 2020 and April last year.  I am certain the tree is an oak.  I can see it from the table in the caravan but haven't been able to get close as it is on farmland and as far as I can see there is no public footpath near it.


Many thanks to Deb from the blog "Country Ways and Cottage Days" for suggesting the idea of a series of images of the tree throughout the year. (sorry its not a proper "collage" of photos but I have no idea how to create one).  I think it was a brilliant idea of hers.


13th April 2021



25th May 2021






17th June 2021





6th July 2020




4th August 2020




14th September 2021




24th September 2021




29th September 2020



16th October 2021



5th November 2021



17th November 2021



20th November 2021




10th December 2021






I will continue to watch the tree this year and get more photos.

I hope everyone is staying safe and well.


All photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera.


14 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Glad to have been of use. Lovely to see the rolling changes. I am inclined to agree, it is an oak. Watch out for squirrels harvesting acorns!

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - Thanks so much. So pleased you enjoyed. Good thinking re: squirrel later this year :)

Bovey Belle said...

It changed suddenly. Pretty sure it's an oak too - they really stayed green very late this year due to the mild autumn and the very late spring.

Ragged Robin said...

Bovey Belle - Thank you and yes it did. Lost leaves quick too. From shape sure it must be an oak. Just wish I could get closer to it!!!

Rosie said...

It's a beautiful tree with a great shape and structure. It's a good idea to follow one tree through the seasons. I make photo mosaics with picasa which I use to download photos and prepare them for the blog. I'm not sure what other apps there are to make them, I guess quite a few:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thanks so much. It has certainly given me a lot of pleasure looking at it on each visit. Thanks for the tip re: photo mosaics. I must ask son if he can help me in the future to set it up. We do have some photo editing tools or at least son does!

CherryPie said...

A lovely sequence of photos. I too think it is an Oak due to its shape and holding onto its slightly autumnal leaves well into autumn. I have a lovely oak just beyond my garden.

I have just posted my similar project of the changing seasons along a bridle path near to where I live.

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie - Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing your oak through the season photos :)

The Quacks of Life said...

watching how nature changes is fascinating eh!

Ragged Robin said...

The Quacks of Life - Thanks Pete - yes it is :) You must notice it a lot on daily walks and visits to gardens :)

Millymollymandy said...

Well done for doing this - personally I think this looks better than in a collage, but if you like I’ll send you a few links to websites which let you do collages for free. They are pretty simple to use. Like the one of the Ash tree on my latest blog. Thanks for your comment on my blog, btw, but I think I have to reply from my desktop (yours works from my iPad!) - will try to do it tomorrow! Back to the tree, it’s interesting seeing just how much the colours change - getting darker through the summer, I think not something you really notice as I suppose most trees are doing the same thing.

Ragged Robin said...

Millymollymandy - Thanks so much glad you enjoyed the tree :)
Yes please if you have a minute (no rush) would like the links as may be useful for the future.
It was a pleasing exercise for me too to see a series of photos of how it had changed :)

Edward Evans said...

Excellent series of photos. I havent been busy blogging lately but just put out a post. Glad you are well and I hope you had an excellent Christmas and New Year.

Edward.

Ragged Robin said...

Edward Evans - Thanks so much. Good to see you are back on blogger and I hope you are well and had a good Christmas and Happy New Year.