Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Thursday 23 December 2021

Happy Christmas

 

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas.




Who would have thought this time last year that Christmas 2021 would be spent still in a pandemic :(

A few Christmassy photos for the rest of the post.

Baking

D decorated the gingerbread biscuits from an English Heritage kit. We've put some on the tree.




The Christmas cake needs the addition of some Nutcracker decorations I bought last year if I could only find them!










I bought a few cheeses in Leominster a few weeks ago and ordered a few from the Wensleydale Creamery Dairy. D ordered the ones below to complete the selection.




Christmas Decorations

We use many decorations for the tree and mantelpiece that we have collected over the years.  










Please excuse dusty "coals" in the fire - I should have vacuumed and cleaned them all before putting up decorations!!! Its actually a gas fire which is very effective but we rarely use it. I don't think they make them any more as possibly not deemed safe in these health and safety ridden times!







The last few photos were taken by D - the parakeet was in the garden and the jay seen on a daily walk along a river.  The dawn photos are from a bedroom window taken a few days ago.







Photo taken in Coleshill when I braved the florists to buy a wreath.






Not many in the parsnip crop but enough for Christmas dinner.




 I hope everyone is staying safe and well and has a good a Christmas as possible.

Photos taken by me with the Panasonic Lumix FZ330 bridge camera and those taken by D with the Canon SX50HS bridge camera.



7 comments:

CherryPie said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family :-)

Your baking looks delicious!

Rosie said...

It must be the first Christmas in ages that I haven't made a pommander. Yours is lovely as are the gingerbread biscuits and they look super on the tree. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas:)

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie - Thanks so much and have a wonderful Christmas too.

Rosie - Thanks so much and wishing you both a very Happy Christmas. I only had one orange left! so in order to make pomander had to leave zest out of Mary Berry's mince pie pastry!!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

It all looks very pretty, delicious, and festive.
Happy Christmas!
Nadolig Llawen!

Ragged Robin said...

Rustic Pumpkin - Thanks so much.
Merry Christmas
Nadolig Llawen (I've learnt some Welsh!)

Millymollymandy said...

Hi Caroline, sorry I didn’t look in earlier and wish you a Merry Christmas! Hope you all had a lovely time. The baking certainly looks very yummy and did you find your cake decorations? Love your Xmas decorations, it’s all very festive, the tree looks great too! And what dusty coals? You didn’t take a close up of the fireplace so I couldn’t see any! Honestly, you are as bad as me about apologising for a dirty/dusty house. :-) My husband thinks I’m bonkers! Lol

Ragged Robin said...

Millymollymandy - Thanks so much and NO need to apologise - I know how busy Christmas is!! Yes found the Nutcracker lurking in baking drawer and son crystallise some Rosemary to go on top too. lol re: dusty houses :)