Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Monday 19 August 2024

July Visit to Herefordshire

 


We finally managed to return to Herefordshire for 4 nights in July.

Just a few photos from the trip.

The Herefordshire Oak in full Summer glory.



The Octopus Tree




The Constable Tree




A few photos D took in the garden.



*D



*D



*D



*D




We had hoped to go out most days but unfortunately on the second day I developed cellulitis again which made trips out difficult.  I did have what looked like an insect bite before we left home which then turned into cellulitis.  Fortunately a pharmacist in Leominster prescribed antibiotics which lasted until we came home a few days later when I was able to obtain more from my GP. At least we managed to get away for a short break even if we didn't go out!

Rather fed up that cellulitis returned last week so am now on yet more antibiotics - a different one this time.  Had to postpone trip to Herefordshire and re-arrange boiler service as a result :(


The ongoing  problems with low salt levels continue and I seem to be going to the GP every few weeks for blood tests.  The GP is not sure of the cause and has referred me to the hospital but there is a 6 month waiting list and when you try and book an appointment it says there are none available!


Hopefully, everything will improve soon and we will be able to return to Herefordshire and I can start going for days out again.


12 comments:

Rosie said...

Good to see you posting again but so sorry to hear that you are still suffering with your leg problems. Glad that you were able to get the necessary antibiotics whist you were away. I hope that you can get an appointment sooner than 6 months so that a diagnosis and solution can be found. I went for a blood test this morning and know what you mean about having them every few weeks. Your photos of trees and flowers are lovely and it must have been good to have a few days away. Take care:)

The Quacks of Life said...

that oak is magnificent!!

Millymollymandy said...

I'm so sorry the cellulitis has reared its ugly head again. What a real shame it messed up your trip to Herefordshire. Still I imagine it was better than just being at home?

It's getting quite hard here in France at times to get appointments - never had a problem where I lived before but it seems there are fewer doctors here or there are more sick people! I needed a colonoscopy after 5 years but every time K tried to make an appointment at the hospital, in person because they don't answer the phone (this was when I was at the pain clinic having my monthly infusion), they told him to come back in a few months time as they were overloaded. Eventually in about June he managed to get me an appointment for late Sept to see the gastroenterologist who I saw at the end of my cancer treatment about 3 years ago. So I need to see her first, then arrange the colonoscopy which will be goodness knows when. It will end up being 6 years after the last one!

Hope you manage to get your appointment soon. xx

Bovey Belle said...

Tam suffers from Cellulitis too so you have my sympathies. I would say always have over-the-counter antihistamines to hand, always wash the bite straight away and I have found After Bite is brilliant from stopping even the most itchy bites continuing to itch - esp. Horse Flies. Perhaps the GP would prescribe a spare lot of antibiotics to keep with you in case it happens again when you are away?

Rustic Pumpkin said...

sorry about the health issues continuing. at least you managed to get something to treat them.
We got our official letters of the closure of our GP's surgery yesterday. No idea where any of this will end, our NHS is broken wherever you live.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks so much Rosie. Sorry to publish comment late but have been in hospital having iv antibiotics since Monday. Cellulitis re-appeared last week in both legs!!! Constant blood tests pain especially if you have to wait but in hospital it is awful - they take SO many - two a day!!! It is a lovely site there although I was sorry miss the Super Blue Moon. Take care too Rosie - it really isn't fun at times getting older :(

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Pete - I agree those trees keep me going at times! They have some super veteran and ancient trees in Herefordshire.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Mandy. Been in hospital for 3 days having iv antibiotics for another outbreak of cellulitis in both feet and ankles!

As you say not good trying to see a GP and I think they are working to rule now as well. I was never given any treatment for Crohns Colitis even though I said I would have it. It was horrid as knocked out whole immune system whereas one medication just affected bowel immune system.

So sorry about your problems and long wait for colonoscopy. Really horrid for you. They found a polyp which they removed me when I had one which was making ominous changes so I was supposed to have one once a year to keep any eye on the bowel system.. It has been 2 years now!

Ragged Robin said...

It is horrid BB - Tam has my symathies - and just been in hospital having iv antibiotics as it returned in both feet and ankles this time!!! I use Acriflex for insect bites. I do have about 11 pencillin tablets here as GP back in May prescribed some. But consultant gave me new pack of tablets to take so still had the others.

Ragged Robin said...

It is horrid Debbie and I have just been in hospital for 3 days for iv antibiotics as it came back in both ankles and feet :(
I am so sorry about the closure of your GP;s surgery. No consideration is given to elderly people who rely on public transport. As you say nhs is completely broken - long waiting lists, horrendous waits in a and e. etc etc and now GP's working to rule!

CherryPie said...

I hope your leg gets better soon.

The oak tree is looking magnificent.

Ragged Robin said...

Thank you.