Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Saturday 22 June 2019

Anglesey




We've just returned from a week on Anglesey - lots of photos to sort before I can do a few blog posts. What a beautiful island - so much history and wildlife and we stayed in a wonderful cottage near Penmon with stunning views.

I will catch up on all of your posts over the next few days or so but apologies if I do not leave as many comments as usual.


10 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have visited Anglesey twice and enjoyed it both times. In fact I have nothing but great memories of Wales and its wildlife - and I had the best fish and chips of my life in Conwy. Now that's hard to beat!

Amanda Peters said...

Looking forward to seeing the photos...
Amanda xx

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Anglesey is indeed beautiful, and I am looking forward to seeing what you discovered.

Ragged Robin said...

David M Gascoigne - Thank you. Anglesey surpassed all my expectations - I haven't been since I was a teenager! We stopped off in Conwy on the way home.

Amanda Peters - Thank you :)

Rustic Pumpkin - Thank you - we did discover a lot probably much familiar to you :)

Anonymous said...

It is hard, as a Welshwoman, to admit that I have never been there! I must try to remedy that very soon.

Ragged Robin said...

Toffeeapple - It really is worth visiting - we all loved it there. And there are quite a few counties I have not visited in England - Sussex, Suffolk, Northumberland all come to mind!!

Rosie said...

We love Anglesey, there is just something about it! I'm looking forward to your posts about your visit:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thank you - I thought it would be good but it surpassed expectations and a change to go somewhere new :)

CherryPie said...

I am looking forward to catching up with your (now posted) Anglesey posts.

Anglesey brings back fond memories of a family holiday there :-)

Ragged Robin said...

CherryPie - Thank you - I went with my parents as a child but only have vague memories of a jet from RAF Valley crashing in a lake near our holiday cottage!