Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Friday 6 January 2012

A Fairy Bucket Appears and a few more year bird ticks

I drove past Millennium Wood early this morning for the first time since before Christmas and paid a brief visit. At long last redwings have arrived on this small reserve and a great tit was also added to the list of birds seen here.

Near Millennium Wood is the "fairy door" and, oh look, a miniature "fairy" bucket has been added over the festive period!






A few more birds have been spotted for the 2012 bird list - redwing mentioned above, a coal tit in the garden and jay and jackdaw seen as I've been driving round.

My mum is still in hospital so, with the constant visits, I am not sure when I'm going to get time to visit Brandon Marsh or Middleton Lakes, although I will try and get out somewhere next week.

5 comments:

Rob said...

The fairy door is fantastic! I wonder what the little bucket is for - the daily milk delivery, perhaps?

Sorry to read your Mum is in hospital. I hope she is soon better.

The Quacks of Life said...

that tree is cool. hope your mum is ok

Ragged Robin said...

Hi Pete and Rob - glad you both like the fairy door. I don't know who's gradually adding the features but its a great idea (for kids of all ages :D!).

Thank you both so much for the good wishes re: my mum.

Anonymous said...

I adore the fairy tree - I want one! :D I Hope your mum feels better soon. xx

Ragged Robin said...

Glad you like the fairy tree Omi - I think its one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Thanks for the good wishes too about my mum.