Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Thursday 19 May 2011

One Year Old Today!

I have been getting a sense of deja vu recently whenever I do a blog posting on the nesting blue tits and it reminded me that I first started this blog a year ago today.

I am not sure how many people are regular visitors and how many just find the blog by accident through a google search. The popularity of my posts on fossils suggest quite a few are the latter!

Using the statistics supplied by Blogger most of my visitors are from the UK, next on the list (about 25% of the amount from the UK) are from the US. Third in the "Table" are the Netherlands followed by Canada and Australia.

Again using Blogger Statistics the Fossil posts take up 4 of the top ten most popular posts. The most popular post of all is "Fossils, Part 3: Graptolites and Stromatolites". In second place is "Its my 100th Post" followed by "Tour of the Hall" and then in third and fourth place are "Fossils, Part 2: Orthoceras and Belemnites" and "Spring in the Garden" respectively. For whatever reason its nice to know that people are visiting my blog.

A big thanks to my Followers and all those who leave comments and to everyone who has helped me with identifications.

6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Happy blogger birthday to you Caroline....
and here's to the next twelve months... :D

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Tricia.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, happy first blog birthday, Caroline, and here`s hoping there`s many more to come.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Dean. I will be carrying on :D Have discovered blogging is quite addictive!

The Quacks of Life said...

happy first year! It goes so fast doesn't it!

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks Pete. Yes, it has gone really fast!