Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Sunday 19 September 2010

Underwings and Rustics Again!

I ran the moth trap on Friday night and, with a minimum temperature of 4.5 degrees centigrade recorded, I wasn't expecting many moths. I managed to trap 14 moths of 5 species (more than I thought there would be) - all worn yellow underwings and rustics.

Summary

Friday 17th September

Minimum Temperature 4.5 degrees centigrade

7.30 p.m. until dawn

15w Actinic Skinner Light Trap

1 x Common Rustic
2 x Flounced Rustic
1 x Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
8 x Large Yellow Underwing
2 x Lesser Yellow Underwing

No moth photos this weekend but I was sorting through some old photo folders this afternoon and found this photo of a spider in the wildflower meadow which my son took some time ago.


No comments: