Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Sunday 7 May 2017

1940's Event at Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens



D and I popped along to the annual 1940's event at Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens yesterday afternoon. A fun afternoon filled with nostalgia, music, vintage stalls, cars and bikes.











*D


*D


































Lady Bridgman's Garden












D and I had a walk in the sunshine this afternoon along the banks of the River Blythe in Solihull. Masses of Wild Garlic everywhere along with Bluebells, Cow Parsley, Yellow Archangel and Spring flowers galore - will do a post on this later in the week.




*D Photos taken by my son with the Canon Bridge SX50 HS











8 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Looks like a fun day out! Glad the weather was good too.

Ragged Robin said...

Deborah Rustic Pumpkin - Thank you. It was at least dry but a bit cloudy! Today was superb though :)

Rosie said...

Looks like a super event to attend, did I spot Laurel and Hardy? The garden is looking lovely too:)

Ragged Robin said...

Rosie - Thank you - yes Laurel and Hardy are there :)

Pam said...

Looks fun and a beautiful place to hold it in!

Ragged Robin said...

Pam - Thank you - yes the gardens are lovely :)

Midmarsh John said...

I think I still have a ration book kicking around somewhere along with my identity card.

Ragged Robin said...

Midmarsh John - Thanks so much for the comment. I have to start clearing my mother's house soon so it will be interesting to see what I find round there!