Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Saturday 3 September 2011

Red Admiral






A red admiral was nectaring on michaelmas daisies and cone flowers in the garden this morning. It stayed around long enough for me to get my camera and take a few record shots.

Red admirals must be one of my favourite butterflies - the colours are stunning.






4 comments:

Ian said...

Beautiful butterfly and love the various positions of the photos
cheers

Ragged Robin said...

Many thanks, Ian. Glad you liked the butterfly and photos.

The Quacks of Life said...

Red Admirals are lovely. BTW not seen a single Painted Lady this year!!

Ragged Robin said...

Red Admirals are very special, I think. Just checked my records - I haven't seen a Painted Lady either in the garden or elsewhere unless I forgot to make a note! Garden-wise its been a poor year for flutters - not one Meadow Brown although loads of Gatekeepers, yet last year it was all Meadow Brown and just a few Gatekeepers!