I enjoyed the next book in Anne O Brien's series. "The Queen's Choice" tells the story of Joanna of Navarre who marries Henry IV of England.
I really enjoyed the next DCI Banks book - in fact I could not put it down. Tracy who is Banks' daughter runs away into hiding (at DCI Banks Cottage as he is away in America) with her friend's boyfriend who turns out to be an an exceedingly "bad boy"!
I enjoyed the last book so much that I read the next in the series - perhaps not so nailbiting but still a good read.
I enjoyed this book more than the previous stories in the series although I seem to remember there were a lot of characters and a lot of sub plots and I did get confused at times.
The last book I read was the second North Norfolk Murder Mystery. I enjoyed it but like the first book in the series I did find there was at times too much violence.
I still have loads of non fiction to read on my old Kindle Fire but I am slowly running out of fiction so at some stage I will have to start using the new Kindle Fire. If I am honest I am not overkeen on it as it takes for ever and a day just to find the books! I am beginning to wish I had just bought a kindle. I naively assumed the new Kindle Fire would be the same as the old one but it isn't!
In other news I currently have yet another bad attack of cellulitis which is really getting me down as, despite taking antibiotics, it just doesn't seem to want to go away. I am getting somewhat fed up with just sitting round the house every day. I am hoping at some stage soon we can return to Herefordshire for a few days.
I don't particularly rate my photos but if anyone wishes to use one of mine or my son's I would be grateful for an email first - thanks.

6 comments:
Sounds like you have found some good books to read. Have you come across JD Kirk yet? Well worth reading. My friend has sent me the latest two, but I am trying to finish library books first.
Sorry that your Cellulitis is being so persistent and the antibiotics aren't working. Perhaps you need a change of antibiotic? Years ago when I had recurring chest infections, and the Dr hadn't bothered to do a sputum test, when a locum Dr DID, I was put on a specific antibiotic which worked straight away.
Sorry your Kindle is being such a PITA. Can Mr Google advise something, e.g. a better way of finding the books. You would think - that is its job, to present your reading to you!
Thank you BB. I haven't read any JD Kirk so thanks will check his/her books out.
I was already on antibiotics for a different infection when I first developed cellulitis and GP seemed to think it would clear the latter as well. I really don't want to go back to GP but may have to.
I need to persevere with new Kindle Fire - I am sure it will be ok once I am used to it.
I'm so sorry to hear that you have another bout of cellulitis, what a nuisance, I hope it doesn't stop you getting away to Herefordshire whilst we still have some good weather. It's good that you have lots of reading, there are some good books in your list. I may look at the North Norfolk ones. We often used to go to Kings Lynn and the coast when we lived in South Lincolnshire and I do like settings that I am familiar with in books. I hope you can get to grips with your new kindle fire. I decided to replace mine with just the basic kindle, just books, no colour but perfectly readable. I still buy the e-books from my laptop and I still use the old kindle to read books already downloaded, also to play spider solitaire :) I hope you feel better soon, take care:)
Thanks so much Rosie. Believe me I am really fed up with these constant bouts of cellulitis. I wouldn't let it stop me going to Herefordshire although I doubt I would be able to go out much! but I could sit and read with lovely views.
The North Norfolk books are good so far but as I said there is a bit of violence in them in parts. Nothing too bad though. I need to persevere with that new kindle fire as nearly out of fiction on my old one. I wish I had just bought a basic kindle but too late now. I only use it for reading so all the other items on there I doubt I will use. Finding it hard to download books from cloud to the device is my main problem!
Not read any of those books but like you buy box sets as well. What do you read them on? because that does not look like a kindle and a colour one is not that bright
Thanks Billy. It is my old Kindle Fire. I still buy non fiction proper books but fiction I only buy on the kindle.
Post a Comment