Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Saturday 19 March 2011

More on Moths

Two posts in one day - I don't think I've ever done that before! Anything to take my mind off the Villa result today - I can't believe how close we are coming to possible relegation. Any why was Albrighton (one of the better players on the pitch) substituted?

To return to moths here's a summary of the moths trapped last night

Summary of Moths Trapped on Friday, 18th March, 2011

Minimum Temperature -2.1 degrees centigrade

6.30 p.m. until dawn

15w Actinic Skinner Light Trap

1 x Dotted Border
1 x Common Quaker
1 x Clouded Drab

All species new for the year and Dotted Border was also a garden first.

Common Quaker



Clouded Drab





My moth identification skills still leave much to be desired! So if I have misidentified either species please let me know. No photo of the Dotted Border which is a shame as it was a garden first but it was very flighty and flew away before I could click the shutter.

Total number of species trapped/seen in the garden 2009-2011 = 100 (finally reached a century!)

Total number of species trapped/seen this year = 4

Total number of individual moths trapped/seen this year = 4

Took another photo of the Super Moon as it is actually the Full Moon tonight although it doesn't look a lot different from last night's photo!

No comments: